ROASTED BEET HUMMUS
- 2 c garbanzo beans (soaked or canned)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 c tahini
- 2 roasted purple beets
- 2 lemons
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/3 c warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trip off stems and wash beets. Wrap each beet individually in foil. Place on a baking sheet; bake for 25 mins.
- Remove beets from oven; open foil wrap and allow to cool. Once cooled, peel off beet skins under running water. Dice peeled beets; set aside.
- In a food processor toss in garbanzo beans, garlic cloves, tahini, diced beets, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- Blend everything together until smooth. Add water as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Once blended, place in bowl. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- Serve with a variety of vegetables and crackers—the more color, the better!