SPICY PINE NUT HUMMUS
- 2 c garbanzo beans (soaked or canned)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 c tahini
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 c warm water
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- In a food processor toss in garbanzo beans, garlic cloves, tahini, pine nuts, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Blend everything together until smooth. Add water as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Once blended, place in bowl. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle paprika and pine nuts over the top.
- Serve with a variety of vegetables and crackers—the more color, the better!
Recipe is used in GRILLED OCTOPUS WITH SPICY PINE NUT HUMMUS.