REFRESHING GREEK SALAD
For 3 servings | Vegetarian
INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together until everything is well combined.
INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD:
- 1 stalk of romaine lettuce
- 1 c of orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 Perisan cucumber
- 1/2 c canned or overnight-soaked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 c artichoke hearts
- 1/2 pitted green olives
- 3 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp goat cheese
- Slice the whole stalk of the romaine lettuce into 1/4-inch slices. Rinse with cold water and spin dry to remove all water. Place into a dry bowl and keep in refrigerator while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Wash cherry tomatoes. Place onto a paper towel to dry off. Cut larger tomatoes in half, leave the small tomatoes whole.
- Wash the cucumber and cut into quarters lengthwise, then slice into small quartered pieces.
- Drain garbanzo beans of any liquids they have been soaking in; set aside.
- Chop artichoke hearts into small bite-size pieces.
- Use your fingers to break the green olives into little chunks.
- Finely chop red onion and fresh dill.
- Once all ingredients are prepped, take chilled romaine out of the refrigerator. Add the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, green olives, red onion, fresh dill, salad dressing and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing. Mix everything together and enjoy immediately.