1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 yellow onion
2 stalks celery
3 garlic cloves
2 yellow potatoes
1 small sweet potato
2 packages Petes Watercress
8 c vegetable stock
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp fresh thyme
Generous sprinkle of both salt and pepper
Heavy whipping cream
Salt & pepper
1. Chop all vegetables into bite sixes pieces.
2. Heat soup pot to high heat. Add olive oil, chopped yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow to cook for 3-5 mins until fragrant.
3. Add chopped yellow and sweet potato to the pot, pour in vegetable stock, bay leaves, fresh thyme, more salt and pepper.
4. Allow to come to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a roaring simmer for 20 mins- or until all veggies are tender.
5. Cut off roots of the Watercress, and wash with cold water.
6. Add washed Watercress to the simmering pot and allow to cook for 2 mins.
7. Take off the heat and pour everything into a blender.
8. Blend on high for 2 mins, until everything is blended together.
9. At this point you can store in refrigerator and reheat when ready to serve.
10. When ready to eat; ladle soup into individual bowls. Top off with a drizzle of heavy cream, olive oil, seeds, croutons and a pinch of salt and pepper. Enjoy!