For 4 servings
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 glass jar of Traders Joe's Bruschetta
- 1.5 lb chicken tenders
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c gouda cheese
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Dice tomatoes; retain juice. Transfer tomatoes and juice into sauce pan.
- Heat to medium high and mash tomatoes to begin cooking down into sauce.
- Add salt, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, red wine and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Let everything begin to bubble and reduce down. Add Trader Joe's Bruschetta and mix well.
- Allow to cook for about 15 mins until juices have reduced and sauce begins to thicken.
- Once sauce is made, set aside while you cook chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat chicken with olive oil salt and pepper.
- Heat cast iron skillet to high heat. Once hot, add chicken tenders. Allow to cook for 2 mins, then flip and cook for another 2 mins. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Pour half of tomato sauce into skillet. Lay chicken tenders into the tomato sauce. Dish remaining sauce over the tenders to cover them. Sprinkle gouda, goat cheese and dried parsley over the top.
- Place skillet in oven for 20 mins. Transfer skillet to broiler to brown the top for 1–2 mins.
- Remove skillet from broiler and allow to cool for 5 mins before serving.