GRILLED RIBEYE STEAK WITH GRILLED VEGGIES & CHIMICHURRI
For 1 serving
INGREDIENTS FOR STEAK AND GRILLED VEGGIES:
- 1 ribeye steak
- 4 cloves garlic
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and thinly slice peppers, onion and zucchini; set aside.
- Peel 3 cloves of garlic and cut each in half; set aside.
- Generously season ribeye with salt and pepper. With the tip of a knife, twist six holes into the steak large enough to insert the half cloves of garlic. Stuff the holes with the garlic halves.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to high heat. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil into the skillet. When skillet is piping hot, add steak. Allow to sear and cook for 6 mins then flip and cook for another six mins.
Note: Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the steak. Six minutes on each side will result in a medium steak.
- Remove steak from heat; move to plate and allow to rest while veggies are cooking.
- Heat another skillet to high heat to cook the veggies. Drizzle skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil and add the sliced veggies. Season with salt and pepper and one minced garlic clove. Stir frequently and allow to cook for 5–7 mins until lightly charred and tender but still rich in color.
- Once veggies are cooked, place steak on top of veggies and serve with chimichurri on the side for dipping.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHIMICHURRI:
- 1/4 c parsley
- 1-1/2 c fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Rinse parsley and cilantro to clean.
- In a food processor place the parsley, cilantro, oregano, peeled garlic cloves, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and olive oil.
- Blend for about 3 minutes for the ingredients to combine.