STRAWBERRY BASIL HARD LEMONADE
For 1 serving
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 1 oz strawberry compote (recipe below)
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-1/2 oz vodka
- 2 oz soda water
- 1 c ice
- Place basil leaves and sliced strawberries into a cocktail shaker. With a muddler, mash the basil leaves and strawberries.
- Add 1/2 c ice, strawberry compote, lemon juice and vodka.
- Put lid on cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Place remaining 1/2 c ice and 2 basil leaves into a glass. Pour mixed cocktail over the ice and basil.
- Top off with soda water.
- Garnish with a strawberry slice.
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRY COMPOTE:
- 1/2 c fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Heat skillet to high heat; add sliced strawberries. After 30 seconds, begin mashing strawberries with utensil to break down. After another 30 seconds, add lemon juice. Allow ingredients to combine and begin to simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins, stirring frequently. Take off heat and set aside.